The interconnection of Risk Framework to the outside world is accomplished via interfaces and connectors. The following connection features are available:
- Import and export from and to MS Excel files - this allows, for example, the creation of Excel reports, by entering data into prepared Excel sheets.
- Export to text and CSV files - connection to other systems, such as data provider or data consumer.
- Import and export from and to XML streams - standard connector; it can be used to exchange related data between different data base installations, i.e. to send a full set of example sessions to a RFW customer. An XBRL-COREP reporting according to Basel III requirements is realized by this connector.
- Direct SQL access to external data bases - data from different external data base system installations can be accessed; for example, data base of RFW is Oracle and the external data base is MS SQL Server.
- Full or incremental import of session data via Standard Importer - this is the standard way to import sessions into the RFW data base. The import is based on template sessions, i.e. only the differences of the templates require a real import.
- Result tables for standard and OLAP reporter - specific data base tables with a relation or an OLAP structure are written for reporting, while calculation or simulation run of the RFW modules.